Once you’ve tried my popular superfood seed bread, I can almost guarantee, you’ll never crave white, processed bread again. My family and I love this bread so much – I always have a loaf ready to be devoured. It tastes delicious either fresh or toasted with peanut butter or ripe avocado slices and a pinch of salt. It also works so well as an open sandwich with your choice of filling or in winter with a hearty soup such as my bean and vegetable soup recipe.
Believe it or not, you can have this bread on my Elimin8 Cleanse Programme because it’s packed with all the good stuff such as chia seeds, almonds, flax seeds, rolled oats and sunflower seeds. It’s also high in fibre and sugar and wheat free.
Superfood seed bread
Ready in 2 hours
Makes 14 slices
- 120g sunflower seeds
- 100g golden flax seeds
- 65g crushed almonds
- 145g rolled oats
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 4 Tbsp psyllium seed husks (3 tablespoons if using psyllium husk powder)
- 1 tsp Himalayan rock salt
- 1 Tbsp xylitol syrup
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin cold-pressed olive or coconut oil, melted
- 350ml water
- Combine the dry ingredients in a loaf tin.
- Whisk together the xylitol syrup, oil and water.
- Add to the dry ingredients and mix until everything is soaked and the dough becomes thick (add teaspoons of water if the dough becomes unmanageable).
- Smooth out the top with a spoon and let it sit for at least 2 hours, or all day or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 170° C. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from tin, place upside down directly on the oven rack and bake for another 30-40 minutes, until it sounds hollow when tapped.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing. The bread will store in an airtight container for up to five days. Slice before freezing.