I'm always delighted when I come up with a winning recipe that A) satisfies my sweet tooth, yet is super-healthy and B) is ideal for the whole family.
These mini chocolate berry superfood muffins are a hit in my home because they have a deliciously-rich, chocolatey taste and work well for snacks on the go. We also enjoy them for a mid-morning or afternoon snack with a cup of herbal tea.
I've used my new Raw Cacao Super Scoop in these muffins to give them an extra chocolatey taste. Super Scoop is the ideal organic drink mix for your family because it's packed with 50 organic, whole food greens, fruit and vegetable extracts and is sugar and dairy-free.
Makes 8 medium-sized muffins or 16 mini muffins
- 2 scoops Raw Cacao Super Scoop
- 1/2 cup instant oats
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 Tbsp cocoa
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk, or milk of your choice
- 15 strawberries, fresh or frozen
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and spray a muffin tray with cooking spray or line it with cupcake holders.
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin tray until each holder is 3/4 full.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
And, for more decadent recipes just like this, get your hands on my Super Scoop Recipe Book, with 30 additional recipes everyone will enjoy, including sweet treats, smoothies and breakfast favourites.