I've been making this decadent chocolate mousse tart for over 10 years and I never get tired of it. I'm sure you won't either!
It has just the right amount of gooeyness and richness to satisfy any sweet tooth, yet it's really healthy, so you can enjoy a slice (or two) guilt free. If you prefer plain chocolate mousse that the kids will love too, try my vegan chocolate mousse, made with Super Scoop, my secret ingredient.
This tart's filling is perfectly smooth, creamy and sweet. It's best served with a dash of cream or ice cream. Enjoy!
Raw cacao chocolate mousse tart
For the crust
- 1 cup raw cacao powder
- 2 cups crushed almonds
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- Pinch of Himalayan rock salt
For the filling
- 2 cups raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup coconut oil
- Crush the almonds in a food processor or coffee grinder.
- Mix all the crust ingredients together, by hand, in a mixing bowl.
- Place a thin layer of crust at the bottom of a silicone baking tray.
- Put all the filling ingredients together in a blender or food processor.
- Put the melted coconut oil in first, then the maple syrup, then the cacao powder, then blend at a low speed until all mixed through.
- Spoon the mousse mixture over the crusts, top with a cacao bean and refrigerate for at least 30minutes.
- Press out of the mold and enjoy with fresh berries or a dash of cream,
- For a decadent twist, spoon some melted chocolate over the top of the tart