As a busy, working mom, I like to start each day with a nourishing breakfast that'll keep me full until lunchtime (I'm not the biggest snacker), and that's why I love overnight oats.
Besides the convenience of having a ready-made breakfast to tuck into as soon as I wake up, this recipe is super-tasty and delicious thanks to the winning combination of apple, cinnamon, oats, seeds and nuts.
Another bonus is that this healthy overnight oats recipe can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week, so you can double this recipe - and make a bigger batch to enjoy more than once!
If you start my Elimin8 Programme, which is a 10-day gentle liver cleanse, you'll get to wake up to tasty breakfasts like this every day that your body will love you for!
Easy apple cinnamon overnight oats
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk (coconut milk is also good option)
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 0-1 teaspoon xylitol syrup
- Small apple, cored and diced
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Small handful chopped walnuts (optional)
- Whisk together all ingredients apart from apple and walnuts (if using) in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Close and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, but preferably overnight before eating.
- Serve with chopped apples and walnuts.
- This recipe is also delicious served warm! Perfect for those chilly winter mornings.