When I set out to compile my Super Scoop recipe book, one of my main aims was to take traditional, sweet recipes such as waffles, chocolate cake, crumpets and crepes and re-create healthier, tastier versions that the whole family can enjoy. And these skinny, superfood crepes are just that!
They’re super light, yet decadent and make the perfect brunch or mid-afternoon tea treat. And they’re pretty too, thanks to the variety of toppings you can add. I like to make them for special occasions such as birthdays or Mother’s Day.
Even better? They’re made with Super Scoop- my organic, plant-based drink mix that’s packed with over 50 fruit and veg extracts including mushrooms, alfalfa, barley grass and beets, plus all the greens. This makes these skinny super food crepes super healthy too!
Skinny superfood crepes
Makes 8 to 10 very thin crepes
- 2 scoops Very Berry Super Scoop
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 banana
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk of choice
- ½ cup water
Optional: Fresh fruit, dried fruit, yoghurt, honey or maple syrup, nut butter
- Mix all the ingredients together in a blender or food processor.
- Cover the batter with some cling-wrap and allow it to sit for an hour. This will help the batter to thicken.
- Heat a pan on the stove and spray with cooking spray.
- Pour some of the batter in the pan and swirl to spread the batter evenly.
- Cook for at least 30 seconds before flipping the crepe over and cooking for a further 10 seconds.
- Stack the crepes, top with your choice of toppings and enjoy.
In the mood for chocolate crepes? Simply add a Tbsp of cocoa.