If like me, you have a sweet tooth and love nothing more than a biscuit with your tea or coffee, then these Super Scoop peanut butter biscuits will hit the spot!
What I love most about these Super Scoop peanut butter biscuits is that they’re packed with healthy ingredients – and are so wholesome and flavoursome. I often whip up a batch for my daughter Bella, because they contain Super Scoop, which means I can sneak in 50 organic fruit and veg extracts, as well as superfoods that kids won’t normally eat like mushrooms, kale, aloe and barley grass. And, who can say no to gooey peanut butter, right?
If you’re running late in the mornings, they’re also a great breakie-on-the-go option, rather than reaching for sugary, processed breakfast bars.
Super Scoop Peanut Butter Biscuits
Makes 16 biscuits
- ½ cup raw almonds
- ¼ cup raw cashew or raw macadamia nuts
- ¼ cup raw hazelnuts
- 2 cups pitted dates heated in the microwave for 30-45 seconds to soften
- 2 scoops Very Berry Super Scoop
- ½ tsp bicarb of soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a small baking tray with baking paper.
- Add the nuts to the food processor or blender and blend until roughly chopped. (Don’t let the nuts form a flour)
- Add the warm dates to the nuts and blend until a sticky dough forms.
- Add the remainder of the ingredients – apart from the ¼ peanut butter – to the food processor and blend until all the ingredients are combined. You may need to stop and scrape down the sides of the food processor or blender from time to time.
- Roll the dough into balls and press down with a fork.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Allow the biscuits to cool for 20 minutes on the baking tray before transferring them to a cooling rack.
- Once cooled, spread a thin layer of peanut butter over one cookie and sandwich it together with another one.
- Store in an airtight container and enjoy!