My decadent chocolate overnight oats recipe
If you're looking for a delicious, filling breakfast treat, you can't go wrong with overnight oats. Not only is this chocolate overnight oats recipe packed with goodness, it's also really decadent, and whenever I make it, I can't believe it's healthy!
I've used my new Raw Cacao Super Scoop in this recipe to add even more healthy ingredients, as Super Scoop contains a whopping 50 organic fruit and veg extracts. And, I must admit the Raw Cacao flavour is delicious with oats.
Just a word on oats - it's a fabulous grain to have for breakfast because it's:
- High in fibre
- Low in saturated fat
- A slow-release carbohydrate - so no sugar spikes
- Versatile and easy to cook
Chocolate overnight oats
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yoghurt
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2/3 cup unsweetened milk of choice
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds or ground flaxseed (optional)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 12g (one serving) Raw Cacao Super Scoop
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Whisk together all ingredients in a medium-sized mixing bowl, making sure everything has dissolved and is mixed thoroughly.
- Spoon into a jar with a tight lid.
- Close and refrigerate for at least 4 hours but preferably overnight before eating.