You won’t believe these flourless chocolate muffins are so healthy. They’re light, fluffy and packed with flavour. And best of all, they’re gluten-free and made with kidney beans!
Makes 9 flourless chocolate muffins
- 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed well
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 5 tbsp raw cacao powder / regular cocoa powder
- ½ t bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp sweetener of your choice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup chopped walnuts plus 1 tbsp for topping
- Optional: 1/3 cup semi-sweet dark chocolate chips (recommended)
- Lightly grease a suitable muffin tray.
- Preheat oven to 180° C.
- Place all ingredients into a food processor or blender, except the nuts and chocolate chips if using, and blend well until the beans are smooth.
- Add nuts (and chocolate chips if using) and gently fold in with a spoon.
- Separate mixture equally into muffin tins and top with leftover crushed walnuts.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until toothpick in the centre comes out clean.
- Serve warm.