Turmeric lattes are all the rage and for good reason!
Turmeric is one of those wonder spices that has potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits. In fact, studies have shown that turmeric has a host of medicinal properties as it helps to stimulate the immune system and prevent chronic diseases such as arthritis, cancer and Alzheimer’s disease.
Turmeric is also what gives curry powder it’s yellow colour, but if you’re not a fan of curry, try my creamy turmeric latte recipe. Also known as Golden Milk, I love this warm drink so much, I included it in my Elimin8 plan. It's just a great way to get your daily dose of turmeric, and it tastes delicious too!
Here is the recipe for you to try today! Drop me a line and let me know what you think…
Immune-boosting turmeric latte
This makes approximately 8 servings
For the turmeric paste:
- ¼ cup of turmeric powder
- ½ tsp ground pepper (don’t skip - this improves absorption by 2000%!)
- ½ cup of filtered water
- 1 cup almond milk (Coconut milk is also a good option)
- 1 tsp extra virgin cold-pressed olive or coconut oil
- ¼ tsp or more of turmeric paste
- Xylitol to taste
- Mix all paste ingredients in a small saucepan and mix well.
- Turn the heat to medium high and stir constantly until the mixture is a thick paste. This doesn’t take long so don’t walk away from the pan.
- Let this mixture cool and then keep it in a small jar in the fridge.
- Combine all the milk ingredients, except xylitol syrup in a saucepan.
- Please note, you only need ¼ teaspoon or more of turmeric paste.
- Turn the heat to medium. While heating, make sure to stir constantly and don’t allow the mixture to boil.
- Add xylitol to taste.