My favourite summer salad recipe
When it comes to summer salad recipes, I love nothing more than making light, crunchy salads packed with nourishing ingredients to boost my energy levels and keep me going between meals.
This summer salad recipe is one of my favourites because it's so simple to throw together and it tastes delicious! Confession: I have it almost every day.
These holidays, my family and I are planning on going for loads of picnics and enjoying the outdoors, so I decided to construct and layer this salad in a versatile mason jar - which will keep this salad fresh and crunchy.
- ¼ cucumber
- Handful lettuce or spinach, shredded
- 5-6 rosa tomatoes
- 2 carrots
- ½ cup peppers (red and yellow)
- 4 halloumi pieces
- 6-7 pecan nuts
- Handful roasted sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- Shred the lettuce into strips to layer at the bottom of the mason jar.
- Dice the cucumber, rosa tomatoes, carrots and peppers into small cubes.
- Then fry the halloumi in a small amount of oil (1tsp) in a non-stick frying pan until golden on both sides.
- Once the halloumi is cool, start to layer the salad, beginning with the lettuce, then the salad ingredients and finally, the halloumi, nuts and seeds on top.
- Serve with a dollop of mayonnaise. If you're out at a picnic, make sure to store this salad in a convenient mason jar and serve it with a dollop of mayonnaise you can carry in a seperate sealed container.