This light, healthy avo, feta and nut salad is a real crowd pleaser and one of my favourite summer salad recipes. In fact, I often eat this for a protein-rich lunch.
If you're following a vegan eating plan, simply swap out the feta for tofu or add more nuts and seeds and some lentils.
Serves 4 as a main meal
For the dressing:
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp vinegar of choice
- 1 Tbsp honey / sweetener of choice
- 2 tsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 tsp garlic powder / crushed garlic
- Salt and black pepper
For the salad:
- 100g baby spinach / wild rocket
- 2 avocado, cubed
- 1 cup snap peas (mangé tout), halved
- ½ cup sprouts
- 1/3 cup feta
- ½ cup pecans, broken up and toasted
- Place leaves in shallow, wide salad dish, followed by snap peas, avo, sprouts then pecans. Crumble the feta over the top.
- Whisk all dressing ingredients together, decant into a small jug and serve on the side with a spoon.