These delicious frozen berry bites are straight from my latest My Body Back Recipe book, now on my Online Store.
I created the My Body Back Programme (and recipe book) to show moms that it is possible to lose the pregnancy weight and cook quick, tasty meals and snacks that are good for you and your family. You don't have to starve yourself or eat bland, boring foods to get your body back. It's all about nourishing your body with the right foods in the right quantities at the right times!
These frozen berry bites are definitely one of the easiest (and tastiest) healthy treats in the recipe book, and they're ideal for a mid-afternoon snack or after-dinner treat. Plus, the kids will love them too, so give them a try, I promise you won't regret it.
- 1 cup Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup pomegranate, blueberries, strawberries and/or pineapple
- Drizzle of honey to taste
NOTE: The fruit you have will determine how you prepare the frozen berry bites. See two options below:
- Mix together the yoghurt and vanilla essence. Sety aside
- This works well for fruit that can be cut into medium-sized pieces such as strawberries or pineapple.
- Make a skewer of fruit
- Dip the skewers into the yoghurt mix and lay on a tray lined with baking paper. Drizzle with honey and freeze until set.
- This works well for smaller fruit such as blueberries and pomegranate.
- Add 2 Tbsp of the yoghurt mix into silicone muffin cups or ice trays (about 2 Tbsp per serving).
- Top with fruit pieces and push into the yoghurt mix
- Freeze until set and enjoy!