These cheesy green fritters are perfect as a light lunch or Sunday brunch.
Golden, crispy and packed with nutritional goodness, these delightful fritters act as the perfect canape to pass around to guests, or can be made bigger to become a full meal. They’re easy to make and are also ideal to pack into your little ones’ lunch boxes for them to take with to school.
For the fritters:
- 3 cups broccoli florets and stems, lightly steamed
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ cup plain/whole-wheat flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- 1 free-range egg, lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp milk (you can use dairy-free milk)
- ½ t salt
- Black pepper
For the dipping sauce:
- ¼ cup plain yoghurt
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Pop broccoli into blender and blitz until chunky (not too fine).
- Combine the yoghurt, lemon juice, salt and pepper and set aside as your dip.
- Add all remaining ingredients except the oil into the food processor and blitz until combined to your desired consistency.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Scoop a tablespoon of batter and drop into the pan, at about 1cm thickness.
- Cook each side for 2 to 3 minutes until golden brown. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve with the yoghurt sauce and extra lemon wedges, if desired.
- This recipe also works great with cauliflower!
Watch me prepare these scrumptious cheesy green fritters, by checking out the video below: