Breakie on the run: two of my favourite smoothies
This is where the benefits of smoothies come in. I love how quick they are to make, and that you’re in charge of what goes into them. (Feel like an immune boost, add more leafy greens. Want more energy, add some peanut butter or chopped dates and, voila!)
I also love that they offer a powerhouse of nutrients in one glass and that they’re filling enough to keep you satisfied until the next meal.
Make yours vegan, low-fat, high protein or whatever you need to suit your eating plan and lifestyle. I personally like to keep mine simple, because I also have a veggie juice everyday.
My key ingredient
Super Scoop also contains 5g of fibre in each serving, which helps you to stay regular, and detox your system. When I set out to create Super Scoop, I wanted to ensure that it's low in calories and sugar-free. One sachet is only 37 calories, which is a third of a fruit! This means you can add it to your smoothies, without worrying about it exceeding your daily calorie intake.
Smoothies are also ideal for kids, because they’re packed with all the good stuff and they’re quick and easy to drink. Bella has a smoothie with me most days of the week and we both love it.
Here are two of my favourite breakfast smoothies. My Superhero Smoothie is great to improve your gut health – as it contains anti-inflammatory ingredients and probiotics. And my Chococino Smoothie is ideal for those on the run, looking for a quick, healthy breakfast choice.
- 1 scoop Berry Super Scoop
- 2 tbsp rolled oats
- ½ cup raspberries, frozen
- 1 baby marrow, sliced
- ¼ avocado
- ¼ cup plain yoghurt
- 2 Tbsp honey
- ½ cup milk of choice
- ½ cup ice
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a glass and top with a light drizzle of honey.
Superfood Chococino Smoothie
- 1 Scoop Very Berry Super Scoop
- 1 heaped tsp cocoa powder
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, or milk of choice
- ½ tsp stevia powder or 1 Tbsp honey, maple syrup, xylitol syrup or agave
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Add milk to a small pot and bring to the boil.
- Lower the temperature and add the superfoods, cocoa, sweetener (and coffee if using), then whisk until well combined.
- Lastly, add the coconut oil and stir.
- Pour into a mug and serve immediately.
- If you prefer a cool drink, don’t warm the milk and enjoy it cold.
If you want to turn this into even more of a power smoothie, add more fruit such as fresh berries and banana or even an espresso shot of good-quality coffee if you really need the boost!