Blending up a healthy green smoothie is a great way to enhance your daily nutrition and improve your health. All you need is a few key ingredients, which you can even prep overnight, so that it literally takes you 5 minutes to make your smoothie and head out the door in the mornings.
If you have more time, get the kids involved and let them help you make your morning smoothie together. This is a great way to teach them about good nutrition. You can also experiment with different ingredients and flavour combinations.
Here, I share my favourite green smoothie recipe with you. It’s packed with just the right amount of goodness to improve your energy, aid in digestion and get you going for the day. I like to keep this recipe simple to give my body a chance to digest it well first thing in the morning. It also makes a great mid-morning or mid-afternoon snack.
More about my new Super Greens flavour
I’ve just launched Super Scoop Super Greens Flavour for those of you who love your greens, like me! It’s made with the same superfoods as my other flavours (Very Vanilla and Very Berry), however it has a more potent greens taste.
The only sweetness we’ve added is a little stevia, which is a leaf extract that has virtually no calories.
Just a reminder, Super Scoop is made with the following superfoods:
- Barley Grass
- Apple pectin
- 100% plant based
- 100% dairy free
- Packed with beneficial probiotics
- Each serving is high in fibre
- Preservative free
- Free of any added sugars
- Each serving contains only 30 calories
- Contains 50 organic, whole food greens, fruit and vegetable extracts.
My Super Greens smoothie
- 1 frozen banana, cut
- 1 frozen kiwi fruit, cut into rounds
- 1 handful spinach
- 1 scoop or sachet Super Scoop Super Greens
- 1 cup ice
- 1 cup water
- Simply put all the ingredients in a blender, whizz up and enjoy!
- You can always add more or less water and ice, depending on the consistency you like.
ALSO SEE: Two more of my favourite breakfast smoothies