Your on-the-go booster seat
Hi moms! I don’t know about you, but when it comes to buying those big-ticket items such as prams, cots and car seats or a booster seat, I am all for products that are sleek, simple and easy to use.
As a busy working mom who travels a lot, it’s important to me to ensure that no matter where we are in the world, my daughter Bella is happy, safe and comfortable. So, it really helps when I can pack items that are easy to assemble, store away and take along in the car or on the plane. My hubby and I still laugh at what a big adjustment it was to get used to hauling car seats and prams around when we first became parents. I honestly didn’t need to work my arms at the gym because they were so tired from carrying everything Bella needed – just for a simple outing!
So, you can imagine my delight when I discovered Mifold. It’s a portable booster seat that’s compact enough to fit in your handbag, and literally take anywhere! Bella isn’t quite ready to use it on an ongoing basis- she’s a few months shy of two (and the seat is suitable for kids age 4+ who weigh between 15kg-36kg). But I can’t wait until It has a permanent place in our car, or I can just use it when Bella and I catch an Uber to the airport. So, I wanted to talk about this amazing product for all the moms with older kids.
HOW DOES THE MIFOLD BOOSTER SEAT WORK?
The original mastermind behind this booster seat is a father of four, and I can see that they were top of mind when he created this ingenious product. It’s so much smaller than a regular booster seat, yet so safe. In fact, it’s won a few international awards for its safety and efficacy. Rather than raising your child up on a regular booster seat, Mifold works by securing your child in their original position by holding the seatbelt down and in place to protect your child from all angles.
HOW TO SECURE YOUR CHILD IN THE BOOSTER SEAT
Yep, I watched the video on the Mifold website. You can too:
- Basically, Mifold has 3 adjustable positions for the lap belt guides (which is where the seat belt slips into), so that it can adjust to the width of your child as they grow. All you have to do is slide out the two red lap belt guides to sit comfortably on either side of your little one’s hip bones. You can adjust these lap belt guides until you’re satisfied and lock them in place. Once you know the correct position of the lap belt guides, you won’t have to adjust it again, until your child grows of course.
- Next, you need to place the booster seat in the centre of the seat in the car where your little one is going to sit and slide it back until it’s in contact with the back of the seat.
- Then, simply slide the seatbelt into the lap belt guides on your child’s lap.
- Then put the shoulder belt guide strap behind your child, ensuring it’s exactly 2cm above your child’s shoulder. You can adjust the position of this belt guide too, as your child grows taller. To get the seatbelt guide into the seatbelt, you just unclip and slide it in and it’ll snap closed. Before you head off, you’ll just need to check that your child is sitting right back against the seat and that all straps are secure.
Then you’re good to go!
WHY MIFOLD TICKS ALL THE BOXES FOR ME
- It’s small and sleek. This is a big advantage for my family because we travel overseas a lot and I know that when Bella is ready to use the booster seat – it’ll be so much easier to take along than a bulky, heavy car seat.
- It meets American and European Safety standards, so I can rest assured that it’s safe for Bella, in any car or place.
- It’s quick and easy to set up – once you get the hang of it, it literally takes a minute!
- Everything is adjustable, so I know that as Bella grows, it’ll always fit her perfectly and keep her safe and secure in any car.
- It’s super comfy! The seat is sturdy but made with lightweight foam padding that can be washed, and it’s designed to stay cool even on long road trips. This is a big bonus, because a child who's uncomfortable in the car is a recipe for disaster.