I can’t really get enough of this recipe – it has turned into such a hit and is a scrumptious yet nutrient-rich treat that is worth having on hand in every family’s fridge! Step aside Nutella – here comes the best chocolate spread you’ve ever eaten!
Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
- 180g hazelnuts
- 20g cocoa powder (you can also use raw cacao for a real antioxidant boost, it is just a little pricier and gives a richer, less sweet taste)
- 20g honey / maple syrup
- 40ml coconut oil
- Pinch of Himalayan rock salt
- On a dry baking tray, bake your hazelnuts at 200° Celsius for a few minutes (watch carefully that they don’t burn).
- Place the cooled nuts in the food processor and process until a meal forms.
- Add the cocoa and honey or syrup then blend again.
- With the food processor still on, slowly add the oil until you reach the consistency you like most.
- Enjoy topped on anything in your wildest dreams! Strawberry, fruit, crackers or even added to plain yoghurt.