If you’re looking for a fuss-free, food delivery service that provides fresh, healthy meals and snacks right to your door, then Daily Dietitian is your answer – trust me, I’ve tried it!
As a busy working mom, I’ll admit that most days of the week, I’m on the go pretty much all day and rarely get the time to cook healthy lunches from scratch. Sometimes, I’ll prep a healthy salad the night before, or I’ll make a batch of my Caprese Egg Muffins on the weekend, for the week ahead but I don’t always have all the ingredients I need on-hand.
ALSO SEE: My Vegetarian Chilli Non Carne
The Convenient Way To Eat Healthier
So, what I love about using Daily Dietitian’s food delivery service is that they do the hard work for me and I still get to enjoy a variety of delicious, healthy and balanced meals every day. Plus, each meal and snack has been formulated by a dietitian based on my personal information and preferences, which means in my case, I get a variety of vegetarian meals and snacks delivered daily to my door, what a bonus! I also opt for higher calorie meals in the weeks I’m teaching a lot of rebounding classes or shooting new workout videos. (If you’d like to try out one of my classes in JHB, click here to enrol).
Just a point I need to make here. When it comes to ‘ready-made’ meals, I am extremely fussy. I don’t often eat meals on the plane when I travel, and always tend to order fresh healthy salads, wraps etc. when I’m out – because I don’t enjoy food that’s been overcooked or over-processed. So, I was thrilled when I discovered this healthy food delivery service- because the food is fresh and homemade – and tastes like it’s come from my own kitchen!
The Benefits Of Meal Delivery
Here are just a few more reasons why Daily Dietitian gets a thumbs up from me:
- I’ve never had the same meal twice. (The company’s chef puts a lot of effort into researching tasty flavour combinations and coming up with delicious new recipes). This certainly debunks the myth that healthy food is bland and boring. Plus, if you’re still hungry, they’re only too happy to accommodate you and adjust your portion sizes accordingly.
- Meals and snacks are personalised- and versatile. The team has come up with a variety of dietitian-approved meal plans to suit your needs, based on the correct daily balance of proteins, carbohydrates and fats. For instance, there’s a low carb, high fat diet for those who are insulin sensitive, a Pro Athlete diet which is healthy and calorie-dense for those who lead very active lives, as well as meal plans for pre and postnatal moms and kids too! (Bella is still a little young for us to order her meals through this delivery service, but she often picks off my plate!)
- The service is simple and convenient. There’s no heavy admin involved and it’s one less thing I need to worry about in my busy working week. I get my meals and snacks the day before and they always arrive in the morning, ready to be eaten.
How It Works
All it takes is four easy steps to select and order your meals:
- Step 1: Select your meal plan (From Daily Dietitian’s list available online).
- Step 2: Complete the online dietary analysis questionnaire. (This is critical because it gives Daily Dietician all the information they need to create personalised meals for you. You can also mention any allergies you may have or dietary preferences here.)
- Step 3: Choose when you want to start and schedule the food delivery into your diary. The team suggests that you allow them to create a variety of healthy meals for you – for at least a month.
- Step 4: Set your delivery location. Your food will come straight from the kitchen to your door!
NOTE: You can either opt for one snack and one meal a day or two snacks and two meals. I get one snack and one meal delivered, which I normally devour before 3pm!
My Favourites So Far
This is a tough one to answer because I really do enjoy all the meals I get! This week’s menu was a real winner though…
- On Tuesday I had a crunchy muesli bite as my mid-morning snack followed by a delicious bean and vegetable patty with herbed brown rice, red peppers, cauliflower and aubergine for lunch. Thanks to all the fibre in this meal, I was full right up until dinner.
- On Wednesday I enjoyed a tasty lemon and olive slice as my snack, and one of the tastiest butternut curries with brown rice and green beans I’ve ever had, for lunch. Because this was my main meal, I had a lighter dinner – which was great for my digestive system.
I can honestly say that because the food is so fresh, healthy and delicious, I’d be only too happy to continue with this meal delivery service. So, if you’re struggling to prep and cook healthy meals for you and your family, I’d strongly suggest giving Daily Dietitian a try.
I promise, you won’t be disappointed. For more information, check out their website: Daily Dietitian