Lisa's Cheesy Fritters
These cheesy fritters are a firm family favourite and ideal to store in the fridge and eat on the go for a healthy snack or meal.
Makes 6-8 fritters
Ingredients (for the cheesy fritters):
- 3 cups broccoli florets and stems, lightly steamed, roughly chopped into 2cm (about 1 medium head of broccoli)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin coconut or olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ cup whole-wheat flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- 1 free-range egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp milk
- ½ tsp salt
- Black pepper
- ¼ cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Pop broccoli into blender and blitz until chunky (not too fine).
- Combine the yoghurt, lemon juice, salt and pepper and set aside as your dip.
- Place egg in a bowl and use a fork to lightly beat the egg. Add this and the remaining ingredients except for the oil into the food processor and blitz until combined to your desired consistency.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Scoop a tablespoon of batter and drop into the pan, at about 1cm thickness.
- Cook each side for 2 to 3 minutes until golden brown. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve with the yoghurt sauce and extra lemon wedges, if desired.