With all the uncertainty around the coronavirus, I’m sure you’re feeling uneasy and a little anxious about this global pandemic and what it means for you, your family and friends, as well as our country. I am too. But rather than focusing on what I can’t control – like the rising coronavirus cases and the suffering around the world, I am choosing to focus on what I can control, and what I’m grateful for.
While you’re practicing social distancing and self-isolation, there’s no better time to refocus on and prioritise your health and wellbeing as well as your family’s. To you, this might mean:
- Going for a walk in your complex if you’re not in a freestanding house
- Reading a great book
- Enjoying the fresh air outdoors
- Giving back to your community
- Writing your thoughts down in a journal
- Cooking healthy meals or baking together as a family
- Exercising daily (indoors or outdoors in your garden)
I know that this is also a time of juggling – where you’re probably working from home, and managing a busy household, but if I can just stress one thing - exercise is critical for your mental health, as well as your physical health. It’s a known mood-booster and de-stressor, even If you just squeeze in 30 minutes of activity per day. And most importantly, exercise – especially rebounding, helps to stimulate lymphatic flow and boost your immune system- which is really important at this time, as the coronavirus is a new virus, and our bodies need all the help they can get to fight it.
How to exercise safely
At this time, the best way to exercise is on your own or with your partner or family members at home.
Some of the best ways to exercise right now are:
- Walking, jogging, running outdoors in the fresh air. If you don’t live in a complex/estate, run laps in your garden.
- Going for family hikes – spending time exercising in nature is one of the best ways to de-stress and burn some calories. (after the lockdown period)
- Cycling outdoors (after the lockdown period)
- Swimming in your own pool at home and doing laps
- Using resistance such as dumbbells, kettle bells, body bars or resistance bands to complete circuit-style training. Click here to browse my Online Store for the best deals on home exercise equipment and accessories. Order now to avoid disappointment.
Always make sure to wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds after you’ve completed your exercise session, followed by sanitiser.
Join a live online class!
Although my rebounding classes (in the Parkhurst hall) are on pause for now, I’m so excited to announce that I’ve just launched my own live online classes, through my YouTube channel.
They’re called O-G-O classes which stands for “Overcome Gravitational Obstacles”. In a nutshell, this means overcoming the gravitational force on the rebounder, which is hard work for the body, as well as obstacles – such as setbacks in life and physical obstacles – like some of the obstacle courses and circuits I always set up in my rebounding classes!
I would love you to join my O-G-O classes so that we can all enjoy the many benefits of rebounding together.
Here’s what you need to join:
- Your own rebounder
- A quiet, designated space at home for you to bounce
- Decent Wi-Fi coverage/signal
- A speaker to stream the music would be ideal so that you can listen to it in the same way as you do for class
- Keep it safe – no low ceilings or hanging lights
- Bounce away from sharp objects or glass tables
While you can bounce with no accessories, I always use a variety of equipment in each class to help you become fitter and stronger! Some accessories you’ll need:
- Small Pilates ball
- Weighted bar
- Resistance bands that you can tie
- Ankle weights (I have new washable ones in stock)
- 45- 60-minute sessions
- Classes take via YouTube Live
- Times/days to be booked on the Box Champ app. (Contact email@example.com for more info).
- Once you’ve purchased sessions, they’ll be loaded onto an account for you with Box Champ. You can then select the sessions you would like to do.
1 X class = R100
5 X classes = R400 (R80 each)
10 X classes = R500 (50 each)
Just a note:
The whole idea of doing live classes with me is to help us all stay accountable and show up. You’ve booked, you’ve paid, I’m waiting for you!
So, the same rules apply for these classes as they would for my Parkhurst classes. If you need to cancel, please do at least 3 hours before the class, or the night before for my 6am classes.