Pre-Recorded Webinar #35: All-Things Protein (in partnership with Biogen)
Please Note: This video is owned by The Lisa Raleigh Group and may not be edited or (re)used for any other purpose without the express permission of The Lisa Raleigh Group.
This webinar, part of our series in partnership with Biogen, will be tackling all-things protein! Protein is an essential macronutrient that plays a crucial role in maintaining and promoting various aspects of health and well-being.
Not only is it important in maintaining a healthy and balanced diet, but protein is also fundamental in the following:
- Muscle maintenance and growth
- Cellular functions, including enzyme production, DNA replication, and cell signaling
- Immune system support
- Hormone regulation
- Satiety and weight management
- Tissue repair and regeneration
- Maintaining health and appearance of hair, skin and nails
- Mental health (amino acids derived from protein are precursors to neurotransmitters like serotonin and dopamine, which play a role in mood regulation)
- Enzyme production, of which digestion, metabolic processes and detoxification are involved
This webinar unpacks everything there is to know about protein; featuring health and wellness expert, Lisa Raleigh, her husband, Stafford Masie, registered dietician, Carly Seager, and other special guests. In unpacking this topic, they discuss the following:
- Protein 101: Understanding the basics of protein, the best sources of protein, and why it’s essential for your body’s functioning
- Protein and Muscle Health: Learn how protein supports muscle growth, recovery, and maintenance, whether you're an athlete or just trying to lead a more active lifestyle
- How Much Protein You Need: Learn about the optimal protein intake for an individual’s typical needs, goals and lifestyle, and the ABCs of protein supplementation, including considerations for vegetarian and plant-based diets
- Plant-Based vs. Animal Protein: Dive into the debate and find out which protein sources align with your dietary choices and health goals, with focus on plant-based alternatives
- Protein and Weight Management: Explore how protein can help you feel fuller for longer, potentially aiding in weight management and satiety, even on a vegetarian or plant-based diet
- Protein and Brain Health: Uncover the lesser-known benefits of protein on cognitive function and mood stability
- Navigating Plant-Based Protein: Gain valuable strategies for incorporating plant-based protein sources into your diet, from legumes and nuts, to tofu and tempeh
Join us for this interesting, insightful and informative wellness webinar, where our deep-dive into the world of protein will empower you with the knowledge to make informed choices about your protein intake, enhance your well-being, and achieve your health and fitness goals!