This Mexican salad is one of my favourites because it’s so tasty and has all the right stuff to make it a full meal on its own. It’s also quick and easy to throw together.
For the lime dressing:
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp chopped chilli (or a pinch of chilli flakes)
For the salad:
- ½ cup baby spinach leaves, shredded
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- ½ small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato, finely chopped
- ½ tin corn
- ½ tin red kidney beans
- ¼ cup coriander, finely chopped
- Combine lime juice, garlic, honey, coriander and chilli. Stir to combine. In a slow, steady stream, add the oil, stirring continuously with a fork or small whisk.
- Assemble all ingredients apart from coriander in a large bowl and toss well with the dressing.
- Top with coriander and serve.