When it comes to quick, healthy breakfast ideas you simply can’t go wrong with oats. Rolled oats are a slow-release carbohydrate and packed with fibre to keep you fuller for longer. Plus, they’re rich in thiamine, iron and magnesium. Oats are also so versatile! My family and I often enjoy chilled overnight oats, or we simply cook a warm batch of oats and add our favourite milk, such as almond milk, and various toppings like honey, flaked almonds, and coconut.
Another winning recipe is these delicious breakfast oat cups. They’re simple to make and store well in the freezer or fridge, for a quick healthy breakfast, brunch or snack option.
Breakfast oat cups
Makes 12 oat cups.
These breakfast treats can be made in advance and then frozen.
- 2 scoops Very Berry or Raw Cacao Super Scoop
- 2 ½ cups rolled oats
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 2 TBS chia seeds
- 1 egg
- 1 ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 bananas
- ¼ cup apple sauce (apple purity)
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
Optional toppings: Sliced strawberries, blueberries, raisins, chopped nuts or seeds.
- Preheat oven to 180° and spray a muffin tray with some cooking spray and fill the muffin tray holders with cupcake liners.
- Add the egg, bananas, apple sauce, honey and vanilla to a blender or food processor and blend until mixed.
- In a separate bowl, add the Super Scoop, oats, chia seeds, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. Whisk together.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Lastly add the almond milk and combine.
- Spoon into the prepared muffin tray and top with the optional toppings.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.