I love a good mug cake recipe because it's one of the quickest, and easiest desserts you can make (in fact, you're likely to have all the ingredients in your pantry already), and if you use the right ingredients, it comes out moist and decadent, yet super-healthy... what a win!
Mug cakes are also ideal for sharing, so they're a good option for an intimate
at-home date night, or a movie night with your family and friends.
This chocolate protein mug cake recipe is one of my favourites because it's low in fat and sugar, and high in protein - so you won't feel that typical blood sugar spike after eating a normal piece of cake.
It comes from the My Body Back Recipe Booklet which is packed with a range of healthy recipes just like this, to satisfy your sweet tooth, as well as meet all your nutrtitional needs.
Chocolate protein mug cake
- 2 egg whites to a mug
- ½ scoop chocolate whey protein powder
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp sugar / salt-free peanut putter
- 3 tsp xylitol
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Goji berries for garnishing
- Start by popping the egg whites into a clear mug and beat until soft.
- Add in the other ingredients, leaving the peanut butter as a whole blob in the centre of the mixture.
- Microwave for 40 seconds, garnish with goji berries and enjoy.