Who says you have to give up chocolate to stick to a healthy eating regime? I love to bake and have a serious sweet tooth, so I’m always experimenting in the kitchen to see what I can come up with, and my latest healthy treat is this decadent chocolate bark. It’s so easy to whip up and packed with healthy ingredients too, especially if you add nuts and goji berries to the mix.
I love serving this chocolate bark if I have guests over for tea, or feel like something just for me! It’s also ideal to give the kids on special occasions such as Easter – as it’s much more nutritious than your average Easter eggs.
Find this recipe in my Super Scoop recipe book, which is packed with healthy sweet treats just like this chocolate bark.
- 80ml honey, maple syrup, xylitol syrup or agave
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Pinch of salt
- 2 scoops Very Berry Super Scoop
- ¾ cup cocoa
- Optional: dried fruit, coconut, nuts, chia seeds or fresh fruit
Good to know
Think you have to shop at many different stores for these ingredients? Think again! I purchased most of what I needed for this recipe from Dis-Chem. And the best news? My Super Scoop is available at Dis-Chem too. For this recipe, I used:
- Lifestyle Food Honey
- Lifestyle Food Himalayan Crystal Salt
- Lifestyle Food Organic Coconut Oil
- Nature’s Choice Desiccated Coconut
- Nature’s Choice Goji Berries
- Lifestyle Food Chia Seeds
- Line a baking tray with clingwrap and spray with cooking spray then set aside.
- On a very low heat, melt the coconut oil, honey, vanilla essence and salt together. Once melted, take off the heat.
- Sift the Very Berry Super Scoop and the cocoa powder into this mixture and stir until a thick, smooth mixture starts to form.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tray, making sure that it’s been spread across evenly.
- Sprinkle the optional add-ins over the top of the mixture and put in the freezer for 45- 60 minutes.
- Take the tray out of the freezer and break it up into big or small pieces. Always keep the chocolate in the freezer as it’ll soften and melt.