About Reunion Island
Relax and clear your mind of the clutter of modern living as you join me on my much-anticipated Reunion Island wellcation, where you’ll have the chance to feel refreshed and rejuvenated- body, mind and soul.
Why Reunion Island?
Last year, I had the chance to visit Reunion Island with my family, and we couldn’t help but fall in love with this island paradise, surrounded by the calming Indian Ocean. Thanks to the nature of my work (and my insatiable passion for travelling), I’ve had the chance to visit many countries across the globe, but none have taken a piece of my heart– quite like Reunion has.
Home to one of the world’s most active volcanoes – the snow-capped Piton de Fournaise, Reunion is honestly a little-known gem with both mountain and ocean adventures.
This rocky, French-governed island off the coast of East Africa provides breath taking scenery I couldn’t get enough of. Beyond the reach of cars, the untamed village Cirque de Mafate shows the island’s wilder side, while the four corners of the coastline offer an untouched landscape – the ultimate paradise!
- The north of the island is where you can enjoy a wide range of water sports with your family.
- The south of the island, just a few kms from the lagoon, offers a wonderful picnic spot with tranquil views
- The east side of the island is renowned for the beauty of extinct lava flows that extend to the sea! We had the chance to walk over and touch the ash from a previous eruption.
- The west side of the island is home to 20km of lagoon and the most beautiful marine nature reserve.
As if all this natural splendour wasn’t enough, the unusual cultural melting pot of Reunion ensures a diverse range of food – my favourite! You’ll have the chance to sample delicious Creole cuisine, and revel in the island’s unique music and dance offerings, while still enjoying a little taste of French sophistication.
Some memorable experiences I’ve had on Reunion Island:
- A fun helicopter ride to see the active volcano – spectacular!
- A few swims in freezing cold waterfalls, so refreshing.
- A family Kayak in the Indian ocean
- Cooking classes and demos to learn how to make traditional Creole cuisine and slow-rising homemade bread that won’t leave you bloated
- Paragliding over the island. We were up in the air for 45 minutes and got see whales!
- Regular stops for baguettes (Reunion Island has some of the best baked goods and pastries I’ve ever tasted, thanks to the French culinary flare)
- Unforgettable scuba diving excursions. We saw turtles, octopus, and a variety of exotic fish including Puffer fish. We also heard whales calling and explored a cave.
- As we left the island, I just knew I wanted to return and share my experience of the island and all it has to offer with you.
Your chance to recharge
The culture, cuisine and lifestyle on the island allowed me to let go, unwind and just BE – and I want you to experience the same thing because we all deserve to be selfish once in a while, to be selfless. My exclusive wellcation will give you the chance to refill your ‘cup of energy’ so that you can be the best, happiest and healthiest version of yourself for your loved ones.
Seats are limited. Don't miss out...