Chocolate Protein Mug Cake
People always ask me how I manage to stay lean when I have such a sweet tooth, and the answer is, I've learned how to make healthy food swaps - which still satisfy my cravings, but don't send my sugar levels soaring.
If you had to ask me what my favourite decadent treat is, I would have to say cake, especially moist chocolate cake. So, you can imagine my delight when I developed this healthy chocolate protein mug cake recipe- that's not only quick and easy to make, it's the ideal portion for one - and it hits that sweet spot, perfectly.
I also love that it's high in protein and virtually sugar free, so it leaves you feeling satisfied without craving anything else.
If you try this recipe, please let me know what you think!
NOTE: For this recipe, I like to use Biogen Lean Whey because it's low in carbs and high in good-quality protein.
Protein Chocolate Mug Cake
- 2 egg whites to a mug
- ½ scoop chocolate whey protein powder
- 2 Tbsp good quality cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp sugar / salt-free peanut putter
- 3 tsp xylitol
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Optional garnish: coconut flakes, goji berries or cinnamon
- Start by popping the egg whites into a clear mug and beat them.
- Add in the other ingredients, leaving the peanut butter as a whole blob in the centre of the mixture.
- Microwave for 40 seconds, garnish with your optional toppings and enjoy.
So simple and so delicious! It's the perfect mid-afternoon pick-me-up or healthy late-night snack.