DNA Test Consultations for Wellness
DNA Competition: Buy a DNA test between now and 5th July 2023, and stand a chance to WIN an additional add-on DNA Test for FREE! (Add-on test offer EXCLUDES: DNA Ancestry, HLA Autoimmunity and MedCheck)
All details on our DNA tests, introduction to our "DNA whisperer" & registered dietician, Carly Seager, and our DNA-related services
Carly Seager (BSc Dietetics)
Carly obtained her BSc Dietetics Honours Degree (cum laude) from Stellenbosch University in 2015, where she was privileged to be trained by some of the country’s finest dietitians. At graduation, she received numerous academic achievements from the Faculty of Health Sciences; including a Rector’s Award for outstanding academic achievement, Golden Key Society and Full Academic Honours. She also received awards for the best final year student in surgery, food service management, oncology, cardiology, diabetes, as well as research. Staf calls her the "DNA Whisperer" because of remarkable experience, skills and insights when interpreting your DNA results.
Here is Carly briefly dissecting Staf's DNA :
Lisa and Carly explaining the entire DNA testing process :
- Please read my BLOG POST on why you should be doing your DNA tests.
- Your top DNA questions answered HERE.
- 8 reasons to do your DNA tests HERE.
- Watch our recorded DNA webinar that unpacks it all HERE.
- Still not sure where to start? We recommend first doing a pre-consult with Carly.
- To complete the circle also check out the In-Body Scale.
Back to Carly; She's been working with the DNAlysis Nutrigenomic tests for 8 years and has all of the required training and years of experience in interpreting and explaining the reports and translating the DNA results into practical, understandable lifestyle and nutrition interventions and recommendations. Carly’s other areas of interest in nutrition include; gut health and gastrointestinal disorders, inflammatory disorders, weight management, diseases of the lifestyle (cholesterol, high blood pressure, insulin resistance and diabetes) emotional eating and women’s health conditions.
Carly firmly believes in practically helping her patients make truly enjoyable and sustainable lifestyle changes thus is an avid healthy recipe creator and foodie. She is a Discovery Vitality Accredited Dietitian, a member of ADSA and registered with HPCSA and BHF.
Consultation Location: From the bounti Studio and Rooms in Bryanston, Johannesburg or ANYWHERE via video call.
Here's Carly and Lisa explaining our exclusive and most popular DNA Belly Test :
List of Carly's Services:
- Initial consultations and assessments for individuals, couples or families (this involves an in-depth discussion of your medical, dietary, environmental and lifestyle history, relationship with food, preferences and dislikes, body composition measurements where applicable as well as goal and habit setting).
- DNAlysis test feedback and interpretation sessions (making sense of and turning all of the DNAlysis test results into actionable and practical lifestyle and dietary interventions. Test results including DNA Health, Diet, Belly, Sport, Oestrogen, Mind, Skin, Grow Baby, Medcheck and Resilience are all thoroughly discussed and personalised action steps and recommendations derived from the reports are given to the client)
- Lifestyle, Eating and Menu Plans (all of the above information from the Initial Consultation with or without DNAlysis testing allows me to create a individualised lifestyle and dietary guidelines, eating plans and supplement protocols suited to you or your family's nutritional requirements).
- Follow up consultations (these sessions are aimed at providing motivation and support, continuing nutrition education, monitoring progress both from a body composition and habit perspective and making any changes to eating plans or supplement regimens).
- In Body Assessments and Interpretation (using the inbody scale bioelectrical impedance scale to measure all aspects of body composition such as fat mass, body fat percentage, muscle mass as well as segmental muscle and fat analysis).
- Discovery Vitality Health Assessments (a 30-minute consultation, nutrition assessment, body composition analysis, recommendations and goal setting earns you 1000 Vitality points - this session does not include an eating plan).
- Speaking at corporate wellness days (online or in-person), group nutrition education and media contributions
Areas Carly can assist in:
Nutritional interventions to achieve; optimal gut health, immunity and mental health immunity support, prevention and management of chronic fatigue, mental health support
Weight loss, weight gain, body composition management, emotional eating
The Management of Digestive Disorders
Reflux, Irritable bowel syndrome, Ulcerative Colitis, Crohn’s Disease, Diverticular Disease, Constipation, Fatty Liver Syndrome.
The Management of Cardiovascular Health
Prevention and nutritional management of high blood pressure, cholesterol, atherosclerosis and stroke
Nutritional management of; Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes, Insulin Resistance, Metabolic Syndrome, PolyCystic Ovarian Syndrome, Adrenal Fatigue and Under or over active Thyroid Conditions.
Infant + Child Nutrition
Breastfeeding and weaning, introduction of solids, fussy eaters, allergies in children, adolescent nutrition and body image
Eating Disorders (with the assistance of a registered psychologist or psychiatrist) Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia Nervosa, Orthorexia, Binge Eating Disorder
Training and competition or race nutrition
Nutritional management and assistance with pregnancy related symptoms (nausea, constipation, reflux, fatigue), optimal supplementation and nutrition during pregnancy, healthy weight management, preeclampsia, gestational diabetes and other pregnancy related nutritional concerns.
Inflammatory Disorders and Autoimmune Conditions
The nutritional management of conditions such as gout, arthritis, inflammatory bowel disease, coeliac disease, food allergies and intolerances, Hashimoto's thyroiditis and others.
Nutrigenomics + Personalised Nutrigenomic, Nutrition + Health Care
Diets and genes interact. Nutrition has the most life-long environmental impact on an individual’s health. Personalised nutrition is looking at the complex interaction between nutrients and genes to create tailored diets which complement a person’s unique genetic profile.
Through an integrated approach of genetic testing, lifestyle health, dietary assessment and biochemical testing, we make recommendations and plans based on personalised food and health advice.
Please Note: If you are over 20 minutes late for your appointment with Carly, or re-schedule with less than 24-hours notice, you will be charged in full and have to re-book your appointment.