bounti AIR | Introduction Workshop
“Beginner’s Introduction to bounti Air” Workshop
Time: 18:30PM to 20:00PM
Place: The bounti Studio (corner of Posthouse and Main Road, Bryanston) – in-studio ONLY
Price: R199 per person (no persons under the age of 12 allowed)
What To Bring: A pair of non-slip socks (NO other footwear will be allowed), which will also be available in-studio for purchase, wear clothing that is relatively tight-fitting (not loose-fitting), and something warm for the meditation if you tend to get cold easily
Supplied In-Studio: Non-slip socks for purchase, exercise mats and aerial silks
Introducing a brand-new offering to the bounti class repertoire… “bounti Air”! bounti Air, rooted in the modality of aerial yoga, involves exercising while suspended in the air, with the support of aerial silks. bounti Air is a yoga and fitness-based modality that focuses on a variation of strength and stretching exercises, as well as the health benefits of yoga practice using a silk hammock.
While the modality is suitable for people of all ages, genders and sizes (up to 120kgs), this particular workshop is only suitable for persons over the age of 12.
This new class style is brought to you by beloved bounti team member, Roxy Whitehouse! Roxy, with her experience and qualification in aerial yoga and being a member of the bounti family, brings you bounti Air in alignment with bounti’s philosophy and core ethos of promoting low-impact movement that heals, not harms. Although bounti Air does not incorporate the use of a rebounder, it’s a low-intensity modality that matches the bounti values of restorative exercise that supports the body.
bounti Air brings you a mixture of flexibility, mobility, stretching, strength work, core work, balance, mental wellness and mindfulness all in a comprehensive, beginner-friendly workshop. This workshop really takes it down to the basics, and introduces you to the fundamental principles of bounti Air. If you’re keen to try something new and exciting, this workshop is a fantastic starting point, so come along, bring a friend and kick-start your bounti Air journey!
WATCH: Introducing bounti Air
At this workshop, Roxy will guide you through the following:
- The benefits of bounti Air
- Safety guidelines when using the aerial hammock for exercise
- Becoming accustomed to the hammock and getting comfortable with the feeling of being suspended
- Working through the technique of basic, beginner poses that target different areas of the body through strengthening and stretching
- A few impressive aerial tricks – nothing too complex, don’t worry!
- A 10-minute relaxation and meditation at the end to cool-down and show gratitude for the body and its incredible capabilities
- The after-effects or side-effects of aerial yoga
WATCH: Roxy introduces the bounti Air Workshop
bounti Air has so many amazing benefits, some of which include:
- Deepens your stretches and improves flexibility and mobility
- Relieves joint pressure and spinal compression that floor workouts can trigger
- Releases bodily tension
- Improves your balance and proprioception (bodily awareness)
- Enhances your core strength primarily, but also strengthens other areas of the body
- Improves breath awareness and deep breathing
- Easier access to inverted postures – benefits of inversion include increased blood and lymphatic circulation, as well as improved flexibility, strength, energy levels, and self-confidence
- Releases endorphins, reduces cortisol and relieves stress
- Improves mental wellness and assists with trauma-related issues, as it promotes the feeling of being cocooned, and promotes self-trust and confidence
- Perfect for those who would prefer a low-cardio modality, those who struggle with high-cardio workouts, or for those in-between, active rest days
- Similarly to bounti’s rebounders, the aerial silks have a high maximum weight limit, making it suitable for more overweight individuals
- Promotes mental wellness as each session includes some meditation, mindfulness, stillness, reflection and gratitude
WATCH: Roxy explains the benefits of bounti Air
bounti Air gives you the totally unique experience of being weightless, and trusting something external, outside of yourself: the aerial silks. The modality is totally unlike anything else within our bounti offering, yet this flow-based modality promises to be incredibly healing, beneficial and loads of fun! Book your spot, join Roxy, and learn how to exercise IN THE AIR… Reach new heights of well-being with bounti Air!
To learn more about bounti Air, check out our very detailed blog post HERE. Roxy will also be offering various weekly bounti Air class sessions, now available in our weekly class timetable HERE!
Please Note: We do not recommend this workshop to anyone suffering from any serious injury, illness or ailment. It is essential to ALWAYS consult with your healthcare provider, and have a medical professional’s go-ahead, before making any changes to your healthcare, exercise, dietary or wellness regimen.